November 3, 2014 by mrcaseyhistory
Quaestio: Was the Roman Republic closer to monarchy, aristocracy, or democracy?
PowerPoint: The Roman Republic
Homework Day 1:
Read Chapter 5 Sections 1 and 2 (p150-160) in the textbook and answer the 7 Checkpoint Questions found throughout the sections. You must answer each of the questions in a FULL PARAGRAPH of 3-5 sentences. Be sure to include examples and vocabulary from the text!
Chapter 5 Section 1
1. How did geography influence the origins and expansion of Rome?
2. How did the membership of the Senate change over time?
3. What social rights did Roman women have?
4. How did the Romans treat the people they conquered?
Chapter 5 Section 2
5. What challenges did Rome face while building an empire around the Mediterranean Sea?
6. What central issue sparked the warfare that eventually led to the decline of Rome?
7. How did Augustus lay the foundation for stable government in the Roman empire?