Lesson – Revolution and Nationalism in MexicoLeave a comment
January 5, 2016 by mrcaseyhistory
Quaestio: Why did Mexico experience instability during the early 20th century?
PowerPoint: Revolution and Nationalism in Mexico
Mexico Political Cartoons
Energy reform in Mexico Giving it both barrels
- Define the terms “nationalization” and “privatization.” You can use the Internet. Just make sure it’s accurate.
- How did President Peña want to change the oil industry in Mexico? What did he hope to achieve by doing so?
- Why are people in Mexico so resistant to changing state ownership of oil? Explain at least two reasons.
- What obstacles does Peña face in making this change?
- Do you think oil in Mexico should stay nationalized or should they allow private companies to get involved? Support your position with well-reasoned and evidence-based arguments.