February 6, 2019 by mrcaseyhistory
The Ten Stages of Genocide
Homework Day 1:
During class, I asked you to identify two questions you had about the Holocaust that were of interest to you. Your homework is to go online and do some research on those two questions to try to find some answers. There is no specific website you need to use. You are more than welcome to use Wikipedia (in fact I encourage it) and YouTube as well as other sites (as long as you make sure it is a reliable source).
For each question, I want you to write about half a page summarizing what you learned. However, the focus should be more on the researching and discovering than on the writing. The written part is just to bring it all together and to give you a reference for when you share your findings with your classmates.
I am really excited to see what you choose to research and what new information you bring to class!
If you are unsure of what to research, here are some ideas:
- Where did the concept of the Aryan Master Race originate?
- Why were Jews specifically targeted?
- What did Hitler say in Mein Kampf? What was its message?
- Did any Germans or Jews resist the Nazis? If so, what happened?
- What did people living through the Holocaust experience? For those who survived, how did they?
- Why weren’t countries willing to take in Jewish refugees?
- What did the Nazis do with Eugenics and Human experimentation?
- How did the concentration camps work? What actually went on there?
Homework Day 2:
The Rape of Berlin