September 29, 2015 by mrcaseyhistory
Here’s another great video from John Green on the Land Between the Rivers.
These questions are not homework or anything, but thinking about them while you watch can help you get the most out of the video. 🙂
- One of the oldest known works of literature was from Sumer. What was it called?
- What was needed to make the Tigris and Euphrates useful for irrigation?
- What might be one reason that people in Mesopotamia believed the gods were angry and mean?
- What was the original use for Cuneiform writing?
- Why did Mesopotamians have to trade?
- Who was Hammurabi?
- Why might the poorest people in Babylonian society welcome nomadic invaders?
- Why are empires hard to unify?
- What is a meritocracy?
- According to Assyrian beliefs, what would happen if they ever stopped conquering other lands?